This church is designated a local historic site due to its age and the fact that it is the only Protestant church in the municipality. In January 1874, a dozen Protestants from Caraquet met to form a committee for the construction of a church. This church was intended to serve the various Protestant denominations in the community. This small group included Anglicans, Presbyterians, and Methodists; most were Anglo-Protestants or people of Jersey origin. A plot of land was purchased from Robert Young, located south of the present-day Caraquet public wharf. Construction of the church began that same year. The church is a small Gothic Revival building, measuring 6.9 m x 9.5 m (20 ft x 30 ft), overlooking the Caraquet harbour. It can hold about sixty people. Rectangular in shape and single-story, this building is clad in cedar shingles and features an oeil-de-boeuf window on the facade and a door with a pointed-arch window above it. At the rear is a small cemetery where the tombstones of the founding families of this church can be seen.